Based in Montreal, Canada
Once the aether clears
AETHERNAUT is a first person puzzle game in the vein of Portal and Talos Principle. Use light, sensors, portals and time travel to gather the aether vials and access the core of the Construct.
Discover the depths of your soul with AETHERNAUT, an open world first person puzzle game in the vein of Portal and Talos Principle. Set in a claustrophobic steampunk world, you must solve puzzle rooms using light, sensors, portals and time travel to gather the aether vials and access the core of the Construct.
You are guided by the voice of Cornell, a scientist helpîng you through the experiments and seeking to better understand who you are as a person by asking challenging philosophical questions:
- Would you rather be remembered forever as an evil tyrant, or be completely forgotten?
- Is happiness or usefullness a more important purpose in life?
- When we fall in love, do we love the real person or just our idea of that person?
Solve the experiments and discover who you are. Will you escape the Construct before it's too late?
- Solve over 100 puzzle rooms
- Explore a vast open world by jumping, ledge grabbing and portaling
- Master the three aether cubes through light driven puzzle design
- Reveal your personality through probing questions
- Uncover the secrets of the Construct through voice recordings left by its citizens
- Discover multiple endings depending on how you complete puzzles
- Accessible gameplay with simple controls
Trailer 2 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Game Award" Catapult Program
- "Official Selection" Demo Night 2021
Request Advance Demo
About Dragon Slumber
Dragon Slumber is a Montreal-based indie studio founded in 2013 by Kevin Giguère, a programmer with over 20 years' experience. As of 2020, Dragon Slumber has released the award-winning Tech Support: Error Unknown for PC, Mac and Linux, along with JRPG Arelite Core, and runner racer Astral Traveler for PC. Dragon Slumber believes that great games begin with careful and innovative designs and always strives to provide unique experiences for gamers.
More information on Dragon Slumber, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programmer, producer, game designer
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks